Thursday, December 21, 2017

2017 re-cap

Painting

In 2017, I've focused all my efforts on the imperial army of Pfeildorf: I've reworked the 2016 flagellants, and added a second regiment of fanatics. The militia of the Guildhouse, initiated in 2016, is now complete, and I've reached my objective of achieving the 20 mandatory halberdiers. I have also added a second rank to the regiment of mercenary swordsmen.

In other words, I have painted 1 MM42 Ogre, 1 MM64 Halfling, 1 MM16 Giant Slayer, 2 MM10 Dwarfs, 2 MM73 Warhounds, 4 MM62 Citizen, 10 MM65 flagellants and 14 MM60 Fighters. And I have complemented these Marauder Miniatures by a few Citadel models: 1 donkey, 1 Standard Bearer, 2 C46 Villagers and 13 F2 Fighters/Dogs of War. In total, 52 miniatures: possibly my best year...

As you can see below, some of the painted models are already useless: the monk, the beggar and the warrior-priest are not anymore part of the flagellants, the initial standard bearer of St Quintus has been replaced, and I have two fanatics on their own.





Collecting

2017 has been an amazing year too for my collection of imperial models, with the acquisition of several unreleased Marauder Miniatures. The first one is already painted: the roman legionnaire. The other ones can be seen below:
  • a second unreleased warrior 
  • a horse (used as a prototype for Empire and Chaos war horses)
  • the war altar.



Beside that, I now have the whole MM62 Citizen range but one model: CZ 28, the girl holding a goose (if you have one and want to sell it, let me know).
 

and Gaming!

Just kidding ^_^ I'm only using the rulebook to build the units I paint:


Let's see:
  • 272 points for Pfeildorf's militia: 32 Ersatzholder with Spears and Light Armour, including musician and standard-bearer;
  • 110 points for the mercenary swordsmen: 10 Estalian Hombres Villanos, including a standard bearer;
  • 99 points for the first unit of fanatics: 8 Fleglers with double handed weapons and a standard-bearer;
  • 99 points for the second unit of fanatics: 8 Fleglers with double handed weapons and a standard-bearer;
  • 207 points for the City Watch: 21 Helblitzen including musician and standard-bearer.
which makes only 787 points! And already two years spent on this army... Next time, I'll do High Elves :)

In the meantime, Happy holidays!

16 comments:

  1. Allez encore trois ans de boulot, et on peut le faire ce match !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon sang de bois, ça inspire, ça motive et surtout ça fait bigrement plaisir aux yeux! Allez en 2018 je fais pareil avec mes orks V1/V2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique and beautiful army, it really makes me nostalgic for my old war hammer days! I am really looking forward to seeing more units for this army in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks! 2018 should start with imperial crossbowmen.

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot for your support, Kym.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful work. You have inspired me to collect a dwarf army based on the Marauder collection and the 4th-5th edition Citadel Perry dwarfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbe réalisation, qui tire aussi sa force dans sa cohérence (thème, couleurs, choix des troupes...), un régal !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci. Pour la cohérence visuelle, je fais ce que je peux. Pas sûr que ce soit exprès :p

      Delete
  7. Your output would be impressive by any standard, but when I look at your minis in detail, I marvel at house beautifully you have painted them. Your designs are so thoughtful -- and, you've chosen such great minis too. Hats off, Jaeckel!

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with that War Altar in 2018. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Matthew, glad you appreciate this choice of old minis. Regarding the war altar, it will be part of the baggage train: I'm looking forward to completing my first 1000 points of army to start working on it!

    ReplyDelete